Step 3: Prepare for Launch
Now that you are matched with an EL Project it’s time to finalize the details with your Match, as follows:
- Propose a start date and check-in schedule on your Project Page (see all your Projects here).
- Review and implement any change requests the company makes on the individual Project page (see all your Projects here)
The four things you must do to be ready for launch are:
- Indicate your desired Start Date and End Date on the individual Project’s page under “Matches” (see all your Projects here)
- Indicate your desired Check-In Schedule on the individual Project’s page under “Matches” (see all your Projects here). It will be important for the company to maintain contact with your class throughout the project to ensure the best learning experience for students. We recommend allowing the company to call into your class for 30-60 minutes every 1-2 weeks to answer questions, share their industry knowledge, and guide students to their final deliverable.
- Review the Project Info Package on the individual Project’s page under “Matches” (see all your Projects here) and approve, reject, or request more documents from the company. The Project Info Package is a series of documents the students will use to complete the project.
- Schedule an Intro Call With Your Match. We strongly recommend scheduling a 30-minute introduction call with the company representative to ensure you are both in agreement about the above three items. In fact, a 30-minute intro call with the company representative is the best and quickest way to resolve all pre-launch requirements at once.